Welcome to Mr. Munson's Website!
I am grateful to be entering my third year teaching in Rosalia. I teach all levels of band from beginners through high school, plus general music in the elementary grades. Check out the menu to the left to access several online resources. If you have any questions about music in Rosalia Schools, feel free to contact me with the information below!
COVID-19 Update (August 25): This reminder was also sent out to those who are signed up for text message band updates on Remind. If you are interested in receiving text updates, High School parents/students text @rosaliahs to 81010; Junior High parents text @rosaliajh to 81010
(1/3) Hi everyone! We are gearing up for 2020-2021 band, distance-learning style. Please feel free to text or email me with any questions. (2/3) You can pick up instruments and music next week by appt at school. We will be recording ourselves to create virtual performances. (3/3) There will also be more opportunities for students to work in small groups and get 1-on-1 help from me. Looking forward to a great year!
COVID-19 Update for 2020-2021 (August 14): For those with questions about what music classes will look like this coming fall, our plans are still being developed and will continue to change. However, here are a few bits of information about our current plans at the time being.
- We will offer band class, but no high school choir for 2020-2021
- For distance learning, band students will be expected to play their instruments regularly so we can jump back in with both feet once we are back together in class. We will also be spending more time building our rhythmic and note reading skills, and learning the building blocks of music (music theory, history and composition).
- All students will use their own instruments, sheet music, music stands, drumsticks, reeds/valve oil, spit rags/swabs, and any other supplies. No students will share any equipment.
- Students will be spaced in accordance with COVID guidelines, meaning 6 feet apart, facing the same direction, wearing band-specific PPE and doing all we can to be safe. This may mean that we may rehearse in other larger or outdoor spaces when appropriate or necessary.
- If we have pep band, it will not start until basketball season, which begins after Christmas. Pep band music will still be a part of our curriculum!
Phone: 509-523-3061 x3156